September 11, 2014

 

Hey y'all,

How are you this fine September day?  Doing well I hope.  Do you remember what happened 13 yrs. ago today?  It started off as any other day, but ended as a day America will never forget.

I remember...I was in my homeroom waiting for my homeroom teacher to come in, he was always late, but he had a legitimate excuse this time.  He comes in to the class and turns on his little t.v. he had mounted on the wall and showed us what was going on.  He was the only teacher with a t.v. in his classroom so we were the first students to see what was happening.  After homeroom, the whole school went to the chapel and they showed us the terrible reality on the projector screen.  I didn't understand.  I didn't know what a terrorist attack was.  I didn't think things like that happened in America.  I was naive.

Now I know what a terrorist attack is.  I found out things like that do happen in America.  I'm not so naive anymore.   But I still don't understand, nor will I ever.

Many people turned against God that day.    I hope those that turned against Him will find their way back and forgive Him.  He wasn't the terrorist.  He didn't blow up all those people.  He didn't take away people's loved ones.  The terrorists did that.  Could God have prevented it?  Of course.  But He didn't.  Just like He didn't prevent His Son, Jesus, from dying on the Cross.

Many people turned to God.  I have heard many testimonies of people who trusted Jesus as their Saviour because of that day.  I have also heard testimonies of people who gave their lives back to God because of that day.   Then there are the one's who'd already put their trust in God and were living for Him, but this day made their faith in Him stronger.

America had a rude awakening that day - physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.  But God is still God.  He still saves.  He's still gracious.  He's still merciful.  He's still everlasting.  He's still all powerful.  He's still in control.  And He still loves you!  Let's make our faith stronger each and every day.  Don't wait till a tragedy happens.  It might be too late.  Have you trusted Jesus as your Saviour?  If so, then do you know God as a person?   Don't just know Him as your Saviour, know Him as your friend.  He loves you like you were His only child and wants a personal relationship with YOU!   Make God your friend.  TODAY!   He's the best Friend you'll ever have! 


What were you doing that horrible day?  What do you remember about September 11, 2001? 

SMILE, GOD LOVES YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: